Skip to main content

Applying for Additional Learning Support


All students will receive support from their Course Tutor and Personal Tutor.

For those students with an additional learning need, there is a process by which additional support can be sought.

If you have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, or a medical condition which affects your learning, you can apply for a Disabled Student Allowance (DSA).  You will require up-to-date evidence of your SpLD or medical condition.

When you apply for student finance, you will need to indicate that you wish to apply for a DSA and complete the appropriate form.  If your form is accepted you will be asked to attend an Access Centre for an Assessment of Need.  The Assessment of Need will itemise what additional support/equipment you are entitled to each year.  This assessment will be shared with the College Disability Team and they will provide the support. 

If you require help, please contact the University Centre Disability Team, who will help guide you through the process.

Karen Ball – Transitions

Val Senior – Head of Inclusive

To apply or find out more information please visit: