Skip to main content

International Students

If you are coming to Myerscough from outside the UK, then we would like to wish you a particularly warm welcome. You have chosen an excellent place to study your degree, with a friendly campus, quality teaching and superb job prospects. We will do all we can to make your stay here a happy and memorable experience.

Here at University Centre Myerscough we have a long tradition of welcoming international students. Above all, we really appreciate the contribution that students from other nations and cultures make to campus life. In recent years our online degree courses have also proved particularly popular with international students. We understand that settling in will be a busy time, with lots of new things to remember, but we’ll support you and make it as easy as possible. 

A good starting point in planning your application is the British Council website It provides excellent links to a variety of key issues, including the recently revised UK entry and visa requirements. It also provides information about living and studying in the UK. (They have an excellent ‘First Steps’ information booklet available to download from the website.) 

Overseas Qualifications

To be eligible for one of our courses you must be able to meet the entry requirements, with appropriate exam results and eligible qualifications from your country. ENIC is the national agency responsible for providing information and advice about how qualifications and skills from overseas compared to the UK's national qualification framework. ENIC can provide you with a ‘statement of comparability’ that is designed to assist you when applying for courses in the UK. This statement enables colleges and universities to make informed decisions about the suitability of your qualification(s) for the course for which you are applying. 

For more information about ENIC please visit or call +44 (0)871 330 7033 

Alternatively, contact our Course Enquiries Team on +44 (0)1995 642211 or email for more information. 

How good is your English?

You must be able to demonstrate proof of your English language skills by showing that you have a minimum of CEFR level B2 in each of the four components of language learning; reading, writing, listening and speaking. If you are applying with a visa then in most cases, you will require a UKVI version of an authorised test at an approved centre. You can find more information on the Government website. Depending on the test you take, there will be a comparison guide on the test centre website to show which score is required to ensure you meet the B2 CEFR level.  

How to apply to University Centre Myerscough?

All full-time Higher Education applications should be made via the UCAS website: If you have any queries please contact UCAS on +44 (0)871 468 0468 or +44 (0)870 1122211. Applications for online courses should be made direct to University Centre Myerscough. Please note that we cannot provide sponsorship for part time or blended learning courses. 

How much does it cost to study?

If you are an overseas student and you do not have permission to stay in the UK, you must pay an ‘International Student’ tuition fee. You will also have to pay for accommodation costs and day-to-day living and travel expenses. In some cases, you will also need to supply evidence to UK Visas and Immigration that you have sufficient funds to support your studies in the UK. The UKCISA website ( provides a lot of additional practical advice about studying and living in the UK. 

International Finance

In some cases, you will need to fill in a Financial Guarantee Form prior to attending. This shows that you have the finances available to pay for your tuition fees, accommodation and day-to-day living expenses. Similar evidence will be required by the UK Border Agency when assessing visa applications.

When to pay your fees

You must pay your fees before you start your course. We need to receive your payment before 1st September of each academic year. 

Student Visas

Before beginning your studies in the UK, international students will need to apply for a visa to enter the UK. The regulations are subject to change, so it is vital that you check the UK Visas and Immigration website on a regular basis. University Centre Myerscough is a licensed sponsor with a track record under the new Student Visa points-based immigration system. When you apply for a visa, you must ensure that you are able to meet all of the criteria set out in the UK Government guidance as well as making sure you are aware of any additional payments that may need to be paid. 

Deadlines for Application

We would not recommend anyone requiring a visa, to apply any later than the 30th of May. This will ensure there is plenty of time to secure your visa in time for your studies.